I am absolutely delighted to share the news that Pan Macmillan will be bringing out three more Invisible Library books. (Yes, that’s books 6-8 in the series.)

Here’s the press release.

I’m really past speech here. When I was writing the first book, I never dreamed it would go anything like this far. Thank you all, everyone who’s been reading the books, and who’ve convinced my publishers to continue the series. Thank you.

In other news, The Invisible Library is going to be published in Russia by AST, and in Romania by Nemira. Again . . . well, this isn’t something I ever dared hope for, but it’s fantastic that it’s happening.

At the moment, in between all this joyful news, I’m working on editing book five. Though next week I will be taking a little break and spending a few days in Barcelona. Not for work, just for my own pleasure – though I will be doing a little research while I’m there. At least the weather should be better than it is in the UK at the moment!

Best wishes to you all, and thanks again.

8 responses to “The Library continues – more books coming!”

1. Alex says:

Oh, this is fantastic news! Congratulations!
    I’m so looking forward to those books. 🙂

2. Lovely! Just finished The Lost Plot,” and delighted with the direction at the end. Can’t wait for the next installments! Congratulations on getting the offer for more books.

I am coming to the UK (from Seattle, Washington) in September this year for the “Bloody Scotland: UK Crime Wrters” event…will you be involved with the conference? Would love to get the book signed!

• grcogman says:

Thank you very much! Delighted that you enjoyed it.

I’m afraid I don’t have any plans to attend the “Bloody Scotland: UK Crime Writers” event, but I hope that you have a great time.

3. Tanisha Datta says:

Awesome !
    Just finished The lost plot ! Couldn’t put the book down.
    Waiting for more adventures .Hope that the end of the book brings new adventures with both of them as partners and not teacher – student .

• grcogman says:

Thank you! Very pleased you liked it.

There will be more adventures, but I can’t comment on what future relationships (working or otherwise) may be…

4. Ashleen says:

What great news! I was so hoping there would be a fifth novel, so to know there’s going to be yet another three just made my day!
    Thank you for making these novels all so enjoyable, I started “The Invisible Library” when doing an internship in another town and books like this one just helped me feel at home. Always have impatiently waited for the next ones to come out and it’s always been worth it. Keep up the wonderful work (and maybe have Kai wear an Emma-Peel-catsuit at some point).

Lots of love from Germany, Ashleen

• grcogman says:

Excellent! I’m so glad that you’re enjoying the books.

(As for Kai in an Emma Peel leather catsuit, or tracksuit, or being tied up in imminent peril… well, we’ll just have to see what the future holds.)